Gratitude Friday is a weekly ritual that Nolwenn started in order to focus on all the small and big positive things that happened during her week. She invites us to join her; you’ll see how much being thankful can change your life. If you want to know more about it, read her introduction post.
Today is Friday, and that means it’s time for me to think about those things that I especially appreciate. I make an appreciation/gratitude list just about everyday with everything I can think of on it. In fact, my list often tops 75 things! I make it quickly, listing just whatever comes to my mind. It’s a fun little exercise that helps me start my day from a positive place, from a place of appreciation. But I also like this exercise of once a week going over some of the things that I’m particularly appreciative of, and sharing that list with others.
There is so much to be thankful for this week:
- I recently had a piece of art accepted into a juried show.
- I have received some great feedback from friends and family about the recent pieces I’ve created. I love that people “get it”.
- I have recently rediscovered my beloved iPod Touch. I had just been using it to play a silly game (Farm Story) for relaxation, but the past few days, I’ve been wearing out one of my playlists. I love good music — especially music that gets my blood to pumping or that makes me want to dance or sing along.
- I made a personal connection with a subscriber of the Mixed Grill Favorites Newsletter. I haven’t followed up yet, but I intend to. I really enjoyed talking with Helen, seeing her photography, getting to know her, and making a new friend.
- I’m very appreciative of the health of myself, my family, and my friends. There are a few uncertainties out there, but people I love are feeling better than they’ve felt in ages.
- Tomorrow, we are going to spend the day with our best couple-friend, and I’m so excited! They are truly good people, and we always have fun together. So, I’m appreciative of that ahead of time!
- I am so appreciative of the love and support I receive from the key people in my life. I am so blessed!