Wishcasting Wednesday: What Do You Wish To Say No To?

Wishcasting WednesdayThis week, Jamie Ridler asks us What do you wish to say no to? As women, I think we are socialized to say yes: yes to a neighbor, yes to a PTA committee, yes to our families. Yes, we’ll take on an extra commitment that will impinge upon our much needed down time. It’s so easy to say “No more!” in our minds, but so much more difficult to say it to the person who is asking the question!

I’m lucky — I don’t work outside the house and I don’t have kids, so there aren’t as many voices begging for my attention as there might be for another woman. And, I have a wonderfully supportive husband who doesn’t make many demands on me, either. Even so, there are plenty of things I’d like to say no to.

I’d like to say no to disorganization and procrastination.

I’d like to say no to all the hours I spent on the internet each week that are just time sucks.

I’d like to say no to the almost nightly insomnia I experience.

I’d like to say no to self-criticism and self-judgement. To all the nagging questions I ask of my self-confidence.

All of which begs the question: What do I wish to say YES to?

I wish to say yes to love and commitment, in all it’s forms, in my life.

I wish to say yes to organization, inspiration, and creativity.

I wish to say yes to sweet, dreamful sleep each night.

I wish to say yes to our new home (which I am still looking for).

I wish to say yes to supporting and encouraging myself to spread my wings.

As Abraham Hicks says, knowing what you don’t want tells you what you do want. Thanks, Jamie, for helping me sort this out!

6 Responses to Wishcasting Wednesday: What Do You Wish To Say No To?
  1. Rhiannon
    September 1, 2011 | 2:28 AM

Hello :) I like your list of what to say no and yes to ! And intrigued to see a link to your series of podcasts. Will enjoy having a listen to some of them.

2. Jane
    September 2, 2011 | 5:17 AM

I love your list…it could very well be my own! We are going to start the house hunt in the new year. I’m very excited but I know I also have to be patient. As you wish for yourself, I lovingly wish for you as well!!

Happy Friday!

3. SamV
    September 2, 2011 | 5:54 AM

Wonderful wishes of no and yes! As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you!!

4. Mouse
    September 2, 2011 | 5:15 PM

Hi Cindy, thanks for dropping by and commenting on my post from last week. Afraid I didn’t participate this week and doesn’t look like I’ll have loads of time to do so over the weekend as a late entry, though you never know LOL.

Anyway, loved your post this week – I swear I thought I was reading a list I’d made there. Every single one applies to me too, so thank you for sharing.

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you too!

5. Jenni at Mamahhh.com
    September 3, 2011 | 1:13 PM

Oh! I love your list, the no list and the yes list!! As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you, too, for the greatest good of all concerned. Namaste! ~jenni

6. Jill
    September 3, 2011 | 2:59 PM

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you!